Tuesday 16 August 2016

Product Testing

I was recently contacted by Nurbesten and they asked if they could send me a few products and in return I would review them. They let me choose a few, so I went onto there website and had a little look at what products they sold as I wasn't familiar with them. At first I was a little bit hesitant because the website was difficult to use because it wasn't all in English and it reminded me of eBay, just all in one location , and let's face it eBay is very hit and miss. Occasionally you find that hidden gem but for the most part when buying something your not sure what your getting yourself into. So although I was skeptical to testing out some items from Nurbesten I figured why not give them a go, after all, all I had to do was review the product and as long as I could give an honest review, I figured why not. 
I have been testing out these items for the past week and a half and all opinions are my own and honest.



Lashes:
So I was sent two different sets of lashes, both fairly similar but the set on the left have a band and the set on the right are band less. I personally prefer band less eye lashes as I don't wear eyeliner to often so naturally I've been drawn to the band less ones. I was very skeptical about testing them out as I've order lashes similar to these from eBay and they was difficult to work with. However since receiving these eyelashes I have worn them nearly everyday and have loved them. I defiantly prefer the lashes without the band, they have quite possibly become my favourite lashes. I have really round bug eyes so it can be quite difficult to find lashes that sit nicely and now I have fallen back in love with falsies!  (Links below)

Brushes:

When I received these brushes I thought they looked slightly cheap and I didn't exactly have high expectations for them. That being said I think I judged them prematurely. I have been using them everyday for a week and a half and I am actually pleasantly surprised. I have been using the flat foundation brush to apply my base makeup and then just using my Real Techniques to make it seamless. I have also been using the flat small brush to sculpt my eye brows and I had been on the hunt for a decent brush to sculpt my brows. The set comes with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and a smaller detailed eyeshadow brush, both which do the job but I have a tonne similar to these two. Finally there is a powder brush, which I have been using to dust off my Laura Mercier powder after baking my face, and it works wonderfully. It's really soft and fluffy and it doesn't wipe the product away like I have experienced with other brushes. The set only cost £12.36 so it is really affordable and I think you would be pleasantly surprised with these brushes.

Gold Brush Set £12.36

Lip Plumper:


So the weird little thing on the right that looks, well a little crazy, is actually a lip plumping device.
The idea of it is you put the top end over your mouth and pull the handle down. When pulling the handle down it creates a suction and your lips are pulled further into the device there for pumping more oxygen around and plumping your lips. This is the item I was most excited about as I had seen a similar item being spoken about by Huda Beauty. However I've tested it a few times and yes it does plump your lips but you have to be careful not to over do it and bruise your lips. Also it's one of them items that has just sat there and I haven't reached for it to often. I always forget to use it before I start my makeup and if I dare use it after applying foundation its literally removes it all from around my face while leaving the area a little red. Overall the product does what it says its going to, but I think I'm just to lazy to add another step to my long makeup routine. However if your not so lazy and want a plumper looking pout, it only cost £6.45 and it is kinda fun to test out.

Lip Plumper (£6.45)

Toothbrush Makeup Brush:

This was another thing I was excited to try out because lets face it, who hasn't wanted to test out this style brush recently? Everyone on Instagram seems to be raving about this style brush, however I couldn't justify spending a fortune on a brush that I wasn't quite sure would work for me. The brush has really soft bristles but is quite dense. I'm not sure weather I didn't get on with this brush because the style is something I'm not use to working with or because it is a cheaper version.  I was a little gutted about this because I really wanted it to work for me, but it didn't. I'm glad Ive tried using the toothbrush makeup brush though, I would recommend buying this one if your considering buying this style brush as its only £2.25 and you won't be disappointed if it doesn't work for you. Also if anyone has any tips to help it work for me, leave them in the comments below as I would love to jump on the bandwagon.

ToothBrush MakeupBrush (£2.25)

If your considering buying any of these items I have a 10% discount code to use at checkout  SWD10.

I will defiantly be purchasing some more items from Nurbesten it is a good little website that offer some hidden gems. I would defiantly recommend checking out there lashes and nail stuff as the variety is crazy! Although the website is a little bit difficult to use because of the language it gets to a point where you start to pick it up and figure out where everything is. 


And just a little disclaimer, all my opinions are honest and my own.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© STACEY WHITE | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig